Twitter share button

Translate

Neen and Grampa, Love You Always

Neen and Grampa, Love You Always

webs

webs

Angel Robin

Angel Robin
MANY of these photos are courtesy of my SoulMate, my Beloved Eternal, Robin Taylor.

We Meet Again...

We Meet Again...

Lovers

Lovers

VirtuosoBabe

VirtuosoBabe

FreddieBrianBabyKitty

FreddieBrianBabyKitty

Cathy's Babies

Cathy's Babies


Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Ellis Island

***This piece was written around the Word, "brusque,"
in a Word-of-the-Day game on Twitter, (where I am known as ChayaChaya)
The subject matter here bespeaks no "game," and shall be revised.*****

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My Nightmare - brusque hands upon my body, stripping dignity,
Great-grandma's thoughts live inside me.
I'm a Survivor of gene-locked fear

I live to message Peace to all,
yet shun my own Heritage oftimes,
claim my culture, deny myself my religion.
Beautiful Traditions...I know we must preserve.

My grandma's cousin,her Aunty Chickie ?,
 gassed in an oven, in another time, a foreign place.
My legacy, but SS voices brusque- so surreal.?

Brusque voice in my Ancestral ears;
"Where are your papers?!"
Echoes down chains of genes, 
Nightmares for a child of 8.

"She's too young," my Nina cries.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ancestors tumble off ship onto Land
disarrayed clothes & feelings.
Man at the desk brusquely barks,"Name!"
Our Family's Name ForEver changed

Ellis Island welcomes you!
WearyEyed Frightened peasants, Hearts of Hope,
Home, an aching Dream.

Brusque voice pronounces Beginnings...

2 comments:

  1. A very moving story concerning your roots, which as you say are important to preserve.

    I think the punctuation and spacing between some words might need a little cleaning up, but that is a minor issue. Other than that, you definitely maximized the usage of brusqueness!

    Be well.

    - ItzQuauhtli, Herald of Quetzalcoatl

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are an Angel. Thank you soo much for your comments, here, as well as for "Aztec Eyes".
    Your "Aztec Eyes" comments encouraged me so much, you cannot know...Thank you for your Inspiration.

    Both are unfinished. I race to post my Writings as I have no Time, between my little one & Life. I read at Night, & tend to Twitter during wee hrs. I keep wanting to clean up punctuation (adjusted for Twitter), to make my words make sense of some sort. I am, actually, a word-geek who cannot stand incorrect punctuation, grammar, etc.
    Thank You, & I look forward to viewing *your* site asap. You are mega-talentoso!
    Peace&Smiles CherylFaith

    ReplyDelete