Twitter share button

Translate

Neen and Grampa, Love You Always

Neen and Grampa, Love You Always

webs

webs

Angel Robin

Angel Robin
MANY of these photos are courtesy of my SoulMate, my Beloved Eternal, Robin Taylor.

We Meet Again...

We Meet Again...

Lovers

Lovers

VirtuosoBabe

VirtuosoBabe

FreddieBrianBabyKitty

FreddieBrianBabyKitty

Cathy's Babies

Cathy's Babies


Sunday, July 3, 2011


by


4065413
's review
Jul 01, 11 


5 of 5 stars
Read in April, 2011
anxious pre-Book-receipt insanity:
alas I have not read it yet...I did, however, hear the Author...discuss it...I am intrigued beyond words...
Waiting...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
April 12, 2011


Interim comments!


I am immersed in this extremely unusual novel, reading as slowly as I possibly can, while I feel desirous of devouring the Masterpiece in a single sitting. I resent the very Moments I must steal to type these words! Yet, I am unable to contain my thoughts. Mr. Phillips has gifted his Readers with Gold. I feel so involved with the quirky, intelligent, realistically portrayed characters and their lives, they stay with me Day and Night; the Author's insights into Humanity are striking and unrivaled; he expresses these Truths in myriad, flawless, seemingly magical manners.


The comedic, ingenious narrator's "autobiographical introduction" kept me rolling with laughter, although I even shed a few tears. The Author's Creativity is unrivaled; with his uniquely imaginative ease of describing his characters and their lives, the Reader constantly wonders "Is this true?" I saw what I can only describe as ~circles within circles, or ~mirrors within mirrors, as certain characters and events, having been available to the public, reflect actual aspects of the Author's Life...or do they??


As the pages become fewer, I feel a deepening sadness...I have tried to savour the Story, delicately, carefully, so as not to arrive at an end...The Play awaits...be still, my Heart! DO NOT MISS THIS NOVEL
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


April 17, 2011


more Interim Comments
I could have swallowed this Book whole in a Night...but I starved meself a bit, & went to see the Bard himself, at a Reading in NYC's East Village :)


http://thedalove18.blogspot.com/2011/04/...


*Disclaimer: I am not a Reviewer; I'm a Poetess. Perhaps more importantly, I am a Reader.
I couldn't continue to ration the "Intro" part of this Novel any longer I simply could not bear the torture of saying good-bye to the characters. Instead, I gave them each a sad little wave, and a promise to visit again soon. Unable to restrain myself, I began the Play. I feel neurotic Joy and worry. I read so quickly, I am liable to swallow this whole, in a single sitting. Discipline. Must employ discipline.


The name of the Bard who composed this Masterpiece will resound for at least another 400 years in the Minds and Souls of Readers, Actors, Scholars...
I'm sure to write more when it's all over. I'll try not to spill tears upon this page. I have not enjoyed a Literary *jewel* as much as The Tragedy of Arthur since...Mr. Phillips' other Novels: Prague , The Egyptologist , Angelica , and The Song Is You .


Release is two ! Days away! I doubt the Literary World suspects the rich surprise which will soon be unleashed, to grace Universal Bookshelves. Save a special space for Arthur Phillips' amazing Gift !
~~~~~~~~~~~~


July 1, 2011


Due to Life ~stuff,~   bundled with the fear of  "I'm not a Book Reviewer,"  I am tardy in completion of my review of the *Play,* The Tragedy of Arthur , especially the second part of the Novel, which completely thrilled and amazed me. I thoroughly enjoyed every Word, everything EVERYTHING about this Play, which most certainly may have been composed by Shakespeare (or Shakespere).  I love the so - very - similarly -   Shakespearean humor, characters (flaws and lovely qualities, alike); era-appropriate-language, double entendre, iambic pentambric meter (which, endearingly, & so Shakespeareanly, often extends itself within a conversation spanning the lines of more than a solo character); I am enchanted by the extensive, oftimes modern, footnotes. The characters engaged my Heart, and I shall never forget any of them...They are multi-dimensional ~people.  The entire Book illustrates an intense love of Writing, of Storytelling; the Author showcases his ability to think and to Write layer upon layer of complex thought, multi-sensual imagery/feeling, plot, in "Seamless Circles" {Footnote below!} which I have not previously observed in any other Author of this Era...(I met Emily Bronte and a few other beLoved Muses mine who had passed before I read Arthur Phillips)... The Tragedy of Arthur may very well be immortalized as Mr. Phillips' most royally - crafted Masterpiece.




"seamless circle" are Arthur Phillips' own Words,
as mentioned in his recent essay for the Official Blog of the Library of America:
http://blog.loa.org/2011/05/arthur-phillips-probes-seamless-circle.html

No comments:

Post a Comment